Green Power Solar energy management systems help you take control of your energy use and production, while reducing your power costs and impact on the environment. With solar panels powering your home or office, you’ll see savings every month when your electricity bill arrives.
Solar Hot Water
A Green Power Solar hot water system is more affordable and provides greater energy output, dollar-for- dollar, than any other form of renewable energy for your home. Solar hot water systems can be used for almost any type of hot water need. The most common usages are for:
1. Domestic hot water (showers, tubs, dishwashers, washing machines, etc.)
2. Space heating water (radiant floors, radiators, conventional forced air)
3. Pool and Spa Heating
In the solar industry, a solar hot water system is referred to as a “solar thermal system”. Because the majority of homes use fossil fuel to heat water, a solar thermal system is a great way to reduce the cost of your home’s gas bill. A Green Power Solar thermal system can reduce your annual hot water cost by 80%, and payback can take place in as little as four years.
There are various ways to implement solar thermal systems. It depends how much hot water is needed and for what purpose. It will also depend on the existing equipment, the climate zone and many more factors.
JMT Mechanical/Solar is your Green Power Solar energy dealer and we will be able to determine the most efficient way to address your solar thermal system needs. The great thing about most Green Power Solar thermal residential systems is that they usually only require two panels. This makes the installation very cost-effective, quick, and requires very little space. Again, return-on-investment can be very fast.
Solar Thermal is in contrast to the electricity producing system which is referred to as a “photo voltaic system” or “PV system.” A PV system is used to reduce your home’s electric bill. It is quite common for homeowners to use both types of Green Power Solar systems, solar PV and solar thermal, to dramatically reduce their total energy costs for both gas and electric.
1. Energy from the Sun is FREE, renewable and practically instantaneous. As your Green Power Solar energy dealer, we will install Solar System modules on or near your home. These modules collect clean, safe energy from the sun. The conversion from sunlight into electricity occurs quickly and simply – with no moving parts to wear out.
2. A Green Power inverter box converts the solar electricity (DC current) into AC current, the correct form of electricity that your home uses.
3. Your Green Power Solar system sends any excess power to your local utility for credit, and your home meter actually runs backward when your system is generating more power than your home is using. All your Green Power electricity generation is reflected in your utility bill reduction. You save money on every watt produced, even to the point where you could owe nothing on your power bill.
An optional Green Power Solar Monitor system will display up-to-date electrical production and usage, so you can see how much of your home’s electricity demand is being met by your solar system. Turn off appliances and lights and watch your household usage decrease!
Your home does not recognize where the electricity came from and will continue to perform normally. The only difference you will notice is lower electricity bills.
Green Power Systems are Built to Last
Our Green Power Solar Systems feature the highest-quality modules available in America. In addition to harvesting the correct amount of Solar Energy you need, these modules(also known as panels) are individually tested, certified to UL standards and built to withstand extremely high winds and any weather condition, including large hail storms.